Courses for Schools
Rubies currently offers a unique 8 week self esteem course for Year 6 girls to support them with the transition to secondary school.
The course is currently free for primary schools in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland and we can work with groups of up to 12 girls at a time. Fees for the 2019/20 academic year will be confirmed soon.
The course includes games, discussion and creative activities that encourage girls to participate, be themselves and recognise their unique strengths and abilities.
Each girl who attends receives a free self-care goodie bag, a Rubies t-shirt and a personal journal.
Outcomes from our initial pilot programme:
- 100% of girls showed an increase in resilience
- 80% of girls felt their confidence had increased
- 60% of girls said they felt safer
Some feedback from girls who have completed the course:
- “I love doing Rubies, you inspire me a lot”
- “It has made a big difference for me”
- “Thank you so much for helping me understand myself and to believe in myself”
- “I am so proud of myself. You have boosted me to feel proud of myself and made me feel confident”
- “It really helps me to be more confident and it is really nice at Rubies”
- “I think it is a very nice opportunity for the girls to come to Rubies and be themselves”
- “I have enjoyed every last thing. I wish we could do it again”
- “I found that at the beginning I didn’t trust you, but now I do…”
For more information about the Rubies course please contact Liz on 07840 242581
or email firstname.lastname@example.org