Rubies offers a unique 8 week self-esteem course for Year 6 girls to support them with the transition to secondary school. Over 200 girls have already completed the course and we have capacity to work with additional schools in the coming 2020/21 academic year – subject to Covid-19 guidelines.
An initial ‘taster’ course is free for primary schools in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland for groups of up to 12 girls. There is a small charge for additional places and subsequent courses to help us cover our costs.
The 8 week programme includes discussion and creative activities that encourage girls to participate, be themselves and recognise their unique strengths and abilities. Our work was highly commended in a short Ofsted Inspection in 2019 and feedback from girls, parents and teachers about the impact of the course has been excellent.
Each girl who attends a course receives a free self-care goodie bag, a Rubies t-shirt and a personal journal and also has the chance to sign up to our mailing list for further opportunities and support.
Outcomes from our initial pilot programme:
- 100% of girls showed an increase in resilience
- 80% of girls felt their confidence had increased
- 60% of girls said they felt safer
Rubies also offers a series of 3 ‘Know Your Worth’ Workshops for girls, to help them believe in themselves, express themselves and take care of themselves. These can be delivered in Primary or Secondary schools and can accommodate larger numbers.
We can also provide lessons, assemblies, lunchtime drop-ins and some one-to-one sessions to support girls in primary and secondary settings and in other provision.
Feedback from girls who have worked with Rubies:
- “I love doing Rubies, you inspire me a lot”
- “It has made a big difference for me”
- “Thank you so much for helping me understand myself and to believe in myself”
- “I am so proud of myself. You have boosted me to feel proud of myself and made me feel confident”
- “It really helps me to be more confident and it is really nice at Rubies”
- “I think it is a very nice opportunity for the girls to come to Rubies and be themselves”
- “I have enjoyed every last thing. I wish we could do it again”
- “I found that at the beginning I didn’t trust you, but now I do…”
For more information about the Rubies self-esteem course, our workshops or other activities please contact us on 07307 848057 or email email@example.com