Rubies currently offers a unique 8 week self-esteem course for Year 6 girls to support them with the transition to secondary school.
An initial ‘taster’ course is free for primary schools in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland and we usually work with groups of up to 12 girls at a time. There is a small charge for subsequent courses to help us cover our costs.
The programme includes games, discussion and creative activities that encourage girls to participate, be themselves and recognise their unique strengths and abilities.
Each girl who attends receives a free self-care goodie bag, a Rubies t-shirt and a personal journal.
Outcomes from our initial pilot programme:
- 100% of girls showed an increase in resilience
- 80% of girls felt their confidence had increased
- 60% of girls said they felt safer
Rubies also now offers a series of 3 ‘Know Your Worth’ Workshops for girls, to help them believe in themselves, express themselves and take care of themselves. These can be delivered in Primary or Secondary schools and are aimed at larger groups than the self-esteem courses.
Feedback from girls who have worked with Rubies:
- “I love doing Rubies, you inspire me a lot”
- “It has made a big difference for me”
- “Thank you so much for helping me understand myself and to believe in myself”
- “I am so proud of myself. You have boosted me to feel proud of myself and made me feel confident”
- “It really helps me to be more confident and it is really nice at Rubies”
- “I think it is a very nice opportunity for the girls to come to Rubies and be themselves”
- “I have enjoyed every last thing. I wish we could do it again”
- “I found that at the beginning I didn’t trust you, but now I do…”
For more information about the Rubies self-esteem course or our workshops please contact Liz on 07307 848057
or email email@example.com